(Colorado Springs, Colorado, US)
I’m 16 and I live with my parents and my twin sis. The two of us live in the basement w/ a jack and jill bath/bedroom set up and a large rec room. I am seriously considering getting a ferret for myself after reading all of this info 🙂 Just a few questions to run by everyone
1) my bedroom has a small closet (about 5′ x 5′) with a door. If I were to get a ferret I would probably put the cage and litter box in there b/c the closet has wood floors and the rest of my room doesn’t. I would just leave the closet door open 24/7. Sound like a good idea?
2) For bedding, I’ve read that newspaper and such can be put down inside and outside the cage, with old t-shirts and such inside too. I have a paper shredder that cuts the shreds into about 3″ x 2cm strips. Could I put these in the cage as litter and/or bedding??
3) Obviously I am still in high school. I have 6 fish which I keep in a tank on a table about 2 feet off the ground. When I am away at school with my sis, my parents are working and I would have to leave my ferret in my room by itself with the doors closed. Is that acceptable?? Also, would it be able to get into my fish tank? I really love those fish and don’t want to lose them 🙂
4) Speaking of fish, most of the food suggestions say to feed them chicken and beef and such, but is fish alright? Fish is super cheap where I live.
5) I have a queen sized bed. the frame Isn’t a standard frame. It sits flush against the floor and then it has wooden slats across the top of the frame and the mattress sits on the slats/upper edge of the frame. Would the ferret be able to get between the mattress and frame? And the mattress is a futon with canvas exterior. Would it be able to get into the mattress??
6) Also… with the carpet around doors and chewing on stuff and biting and that sort of thing. With our doberman we taught him not to do all of that stuff with a pinch of tabasco sauce (hot sauce). Would that be an acceptable alternative to the white pepper or green apple??
It would be great if anyone could help me out!! my email is gheinz57_AT_rocketmail_DOT_com if anyone has anymore tips 🙂
Comments for Got a few questions…