keep the stove and oven unplugged

by amber
(kansas usa)

We had a ferret and we moved to a new house with a new stove. Our ferret disappeared. We finally found her after hours of searching in the back of the stove – she had climbed to the top where the wiring was at and she had electrocuted herself.

We were unaware that model of stove had a hole from the floor that a ferret could climb all the way up.

We were very heartbroken.

We have since got new ferrets and we blocked the stove and keep it unplugged; we put the ferrets away when we use it.

I have had ferrets all my life and have never had that happen. We learned a heartbreaking lesson.


Comments for keep the stove and oven unplugged

Feb 22, 2010 I feel your pain
by: Anonymous

I had a ferret go into my stove. Fortunately she didn’t have anything happen to her but it was a total shock for us to see her inside when we opened the oven door.I can imagine how horrible it must have been for you to have your ferret electrocuted and I wish it didn’t have to happen. But I guess now you know what could happen to them so no other ferrets will have the same fate 🙁

Leave a Comment