My incident happened about 3 months after getting my ferrets, Steen-Steen (don’t ask) and Baloo Bear. I’d let them run all around my apartment, “mostly” keeping an eye on them.
About 15 mins after I let them out of the cage, I noticed Baloo had white powder all over his face. I also noticed that the inside of his nose was blue. Needless to say I completely freaked out once I realized he must have gotten into Ajax (a powder bleach cleaner that turns blue when wet). I rinsed his face in water for a good 5 mins, carefully avoiding his eyes. THANKFULLY he didn’t ingest any of it (or at least enough to harm him).
Turns out, in all of maybe ten mins, he had made it downstairs and somehow into the under-sink kitchen cabinet. It was pretty much my worst nightmare come true, and I still kick myself for how it could have turned out.
The moral of the story is, don’t make my dumb mistake… you can NEVER be too careful with these guys.
Comments for They CAN get into the cabinets!