I have said on my site that ferrets are like toddlers and Eden Strong’s article in the Small Animal Channel agrees with that assessment, as shown below! LOL! 😀
For those who know ferrets, there will be a lot of nodding and laughing. For those of you who don’t know ferrets, these points might be an eye-opener!
1. They don’t stay seated at mealtime.
2. Forget trying to fold laundry when they are around!
3. They always want what you are drinking.
4. You need to keep an eye on them around the stairs!
5. They live to play in the bathtub.
6. They turn the entire house into their own personal play land.
7. Jumping… there is always a lot of jumping (or Weasel War Dancing, as some people call it).
8. And just when you think they have run out of energy… there is more jumping.
9. At least a ball pit can provide hours of entertainment.
10. Although, when they finally fall asleep they look so cute that you completely forget about the fact that they destroyed your house, and you just want to snuggle with them until they wake up.
The last point is SO true! I know some people say that ferrets “smell” but if kept properly, they have a slight aroma and I think most of us ferret lovers agree that there’s nothing more comforting than sticking your head in a pile of sleeping ferrets and taking a deep breathe!
Are we crazy? Probably, but I wouldn’t change it for the world 😀